Oct 15, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
If there’s one question I’m asked more than any other, it would have to be “Hey, how come you never link to photos of John Cena with Tim Tebow?” Well I must admit you have a point, so here you go.
You may be wondering why the noted WWE personality and star of The Marine and Camp Fred showed up at the Meadowlands on Sunday as an honorary captain for the Jets — seeing that he’s a well-known New England Patriots fan. Well, you ask him — I’m not going to bring it up.
Actually, as they said in The Godfather, it wasn’t personal — strictly business. WrestleMania XXIX is coming to MetLife Stadium (is that what they’re calling it now?) in April of 2013, and Cena’s presence on Sunday was no doubt in connection with that.
The event includes a one-week SmackDown fan fest, which will be held at Izod Center.
“It’s a big, big show, like a mini-Super Bowl,” said a source involved in the event planning.
I’ll watch, but only if Gov. Chris Christie gets into the ring.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile