Oct 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
Remember when many people scoffed at New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow playing special teams as a punt protector? Well, it appears that Tebow magic has finally worked its way to MetLife Stadium courtesy of a trick punt.
As the Jets led by the score of 14-6 in the second quarter against the Indianapolis Colts, New York appeared ready to punt away facing a 4th and 11th.
The Colts got ready to block the punt but were faked out by the Jets when Tebow took the snap and found reserve linebacker Nick Bellore for a gain of 23 yards to get the first down:
The fake punt would lead to a Stephen Hill touchdown reception and New York’s love for Tim Tebow will continue onward.
Tim Tebow fake punt jump pass [Black Sports Online]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Rask gives up gift goal
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks
- Play Video: Toews sees the box three times
- Play Video: Reason for optimism after Game 1 loss?
- Play Video: Highlights: Rangers stay alive with OT win