Oct 13, 2012, 5:46 PM EDT
After witnessing the pounding that college running backs take over the years, I would assume that incidents like this would happen more often.
During today’s University of Minnesota/Northwestern game, Minnesota tailback Donnell Kirkwood was given the ball on a 2nd & 5 in the second quarter and gained the necessary yards for the Golden Golphers to achieve a first down in Wildcat territory.
Kirkwood was eventually stopped by Northwestern cornerback Ibraheim Campbell with a low tackle. The force of the tackle was so great that Kirkwood lost one of his helmet decals during the hit and one camera angles showed it laying on the turf:
Minnesota running back loses helmet decal on huge hit [Bush League Chronicles]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found