Oct 13, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
For many college hoops fans across this fair nation, last night was the glorious night known as Midnight Madness and Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo made a memorable entrance during Michigan State’s event.
In previous years, Tom has appeared at the event dressed as a fighter pilot from Top Gun, donned the suit of an astronaut, and even sent Michigan State back to the 60′s/70′s as a hippie.
This year however Tom pulled out all the stops by dressing up as the popular super hero, Iron Man. Before his entrance, a short video was played for the fans on hand at the Breslin Student Center showing that Michigan State’s mascot Sparty had been stolen by other unsavory members of the Big Ten.
As the video came to an end, that was the cue for Izzo to zip line into the scene wearing the Iron Man suit and reveal himself to the crowd:
To note, that is the actual suit worn by Robert Downey Jr. from the first two movies.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury