Greatest eBay auction ever: Guy tries to sell jar containing the ghost of legendary golfer Bobby Jones
Oct 13, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Many eBay auctions contain normal everyday items but this sports-related one might be the weirdest ever posted on the online auction site.
A seller who goes by the name of rklassman put a jar up for auction believed to contain the ghost of championship golfer, Bobby Jones and started the opening bid at $500 bucks. While the likelihood that the jar contains the actual ghost of the four-time U.S. Open champion is slim to nil, I still wanted to read the description that the seller put up on the website.
If you thought that story couldn’t get any better, you would be sadly mistaken:
Earlier this year, I began to hear strange voices come from my garage and specifically my golf clubs. The voice would repeat “Syringomyelia, Syringomyelia.” At first I had no idea what the ghost was saying, so I googled the word. Syringomyelia is the disease that paralyzed killed hall of fame golfer Bobby Jones. I asked the apparition are you Bobby Jones? The ghost then became visible dressed in 1950’s golfing gear. The ghost said yes I am Bobby Jones. I didn’t know what to do, so in panic I took the jar next to me and forced the ghost of Bobby Jones into the container. Thankfully this ghostly version of Bobby Jones was the paralyzed version of him and not the pristine athlete from the 1920’s.
As much as I like having Mr.Jones in my house, my wife is petrified of ghosts and is now forcing me to sell him. I have decided to sell Mr. Jones on ebay and donate half of the proceeds to the cure Syringomyelia fund.
Unfortunately Mr. Jones ghost can only be seen by true believers. If you are not a true believer bid with caution, for you may be unable to see him. I will not be giving refunds, so bid with caution as this is something impossible to authenticate and verify.
Only a few short days into the auction, it was pulled by eBay and sadly, rklassman didn’t get anyone to pay the $1,000 “Buy It Now” price.
You Can Buy Golfing Legend’s Ghost [Buzzfeed]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming