Golfer Rachel Connor, who was pulled over for DUI with Eddie George in passenger seat, sentenced today
Oct 12, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
It’s hard not to turn philosophical after avoiding jail time for a DUI arrest. British golfer Rachel Connor unleashed her inner David Hume on Twitter today after agreeing to a plea bargain in which she will serve no jail time, but perform community service instead. You may recall back in March of this year when Connor, 21, was pulled over by police at 2 a.m. for speeding, with former NFL running back Eddie George riding shotgun in the passenger seat.
Connor and George had both played at the Archie Griffin Celebrity Golf Classic in Manatee County, Florida that day, and George claimed that Connor was just giving him a ride home. George has been married since 2004. From Opposing Views:
The court will likely suspend her driver’s license for 6 months and impound her car for 10 days. However, drivers in Florida can often get their licenses back earlier if they agree to pay more fines.
Connor “was simply being nice and offering me a ride” said George, who has been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004, to TMZ. “We realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying, so she offered to drop me off.”
(Skeptical Dog barks, lifts leg on laptop).
George (former Ohio State, Tennessee Titans running back) and Connor (LPGA Futures Tour, member of England’s National Team) were pulled over by police at 2 a.m. She failed a field sobriety test and registered blood alcohol levels of .133 and .137 on the breathalyzer, which is about .129 over par. George was not cited.
Earlier in the evening, Connor had tweeted this photo of her with George from the tournament reception.
Today, Connor unleashed a
torrent of cliches and dime store philosophy statement on Twitter:
It’s hard to accept, but you can’t change the past. You can’t go back and manipulate things the way you wanted them to happen. Because life would be meaningless and boring and just not worth living. But you can change the future and that’s a beautiful thing about life. Yes, you will make mistakes. And yes, you will have bad days – but as long as you let the past go, you’ll have such a gorgeous and bright future ahead of you. Knowing that things were meant to happen. Knowing that each day you will learn something so that you keep growing to be a better person. Life is like a rope, twined in all its complexities and yet weaved into one marvelous stream that you have the chance to use and make something amazing from. So grab hold of that rope make a swing and jump into the next chapter of your life.
With all that talk about time travel she sounds like Sarah Connor.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile