Turkish golf official accused of headbutting photographer who was trying to take photo of Tiger Woods
Oct 11, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
I don’t know how Getty Images obtained the photo you see here, but I hope the photographer doesn’t have a headache. As you and Rory McIlroy know, Tiger Woods is playing in the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final in Belek, Turkey. Ahmet Agaoglu, chairman of the Turkish Golf Federation, is denying a charge that he went all Zinedine Zidane on a photographer who was trying to get a photo of Tiger Woods.
Ahmet Agaoglu, chairman of the Turkish Golf Federation, strenuously denied butting the cameraman working for the Cihan News Agency. ‘He pushed me and I pushed him back and he fell over,’ said Agaoglu. But the police will inevitably be involved, raising the possibility that Woods might even be called on as a witness.
Oh good, because Tiger needs drama like this in his life.
We probably wouldn’t know about this except that the photographer got his glasses broken, then headed to the nearest police station to file a report. I have to believe there were other witnesses as well. Nancy Grace, pack your suitcase.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found