Oct 11, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
If you recall from Monday, Tim Tebow sent out the following tweet as the Jets prepared to meet the Houston Texans:
Looking forward to giving God all the glory in tonight’s 666th Monday Night Football Game. Romans 8:37.39.
We had some fun with that, noting that 666 is known among some religious folks as the “mark of the beast”, and the Bible passage Tebow listed made reference to angels, demons, and the power of life and death. We closed by wondering, what does it all mean? We also slept with the lights on that night.
Then we got a look at Mark Sanchez’s post-game passing stats (thanks to reader myopinionisrighterthanyours for the heads-up).
Following Monday’s loss to Houston, Sanchez had 6 touchdowns, 6 interceptions, and a net yards gained per passing attempt of 6.0.
*Begin ominous music*
His longest pass of the season went for, you guessed it … 66 yards.
*Music swells. Beads of sweat form on writer’s brow*
And Sanchez’s passer rating is now … no, it can’t be …
*Music stops. All is quiet*
*Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! (/door slams shut by itself. Laptop levitates)*
It’s all right here if you don’t believe me. I still don’t know exactly what it means, but I’ve blocked Tebow on Twitter and am currently stringing garlic throughout the house.
*That’s for vampires, you idiot*
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found