Oct 11, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
Gene Chizik, the head football coach at Auburn, has his hands full this season — the Tigers are 1-4 with road games coming up against Mississippi and Vanderbilt, and a trip to Alabama to close out the regular season on Thanksgiving. The coach needs good things to happen for his team, fast. To that end, his wife, Jonna, took to Facebook to brainstorm some ideas to generate support and get fans more involved.
The result was rather bizarre.
See for yourself, but this seems more rant than rah-rah. I was with you, Jonna, until you brought Satan into the mix.
“…Therefore, my humble suggestion is to create a VERY POWERFUL ‘ALL IN’ movement of your own,” Jonna wrote. “We have fans all over the US and I think it is time that they RISE UP and snatch back what satan, himself, has stolen. We serve a God who recovers ALL that “has been stolen” from us and there are times that He requires the efforts of His people to accomplish this truth.”
After more than a few confused replies, I’m assuming, Jonna “clarified” her post.
“To clarify my original post about utilizing social media to come together as a fan base in support of what Auburn stands for…when I refered to what satan has stolen from us as a whole I NEVER meant or even vaugely was refering to wins and/or losses on a football field. To be clear, I honestly believe that God doesn’t care who wins a football game but I do know that we serve a GOD big enough to do as He pleases.”
Still confused, but thanks for the attempt to clear that up. When on Facebook, my rule has always been, “When in doubt, leave Beelzebub out.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead