Oct 11, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
It happened at Episcopal School of Knoxville, Tenn., where teachers arrived around 8:30 a.m. to find a deer entangled in one of the soccer goals on the athletic field. So brave rescuers Greg Turnbow, Gary Phillips, Jr. and Mathew Luce snapped into action, and carefully cut loose the net to free the deer.
“The way she was struggling she was going to lose consciousness pretty quickly,” said Luce. “Her neck was tied up and constricted. So it was good we got there when we did.”
Of course in my imagination, the newly-freed deer bounds across the field — directly into the other soccer goal. D’oh!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found