Oct 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
How happy are the Giants right now? Happier than a witch in a broom factory. And speaking of that, what is this thing that Broom Hilda is wielding during Tuesday’s Game 3 of the Giants-Reds series? This tattered household implement couldn’t sweep a phone booth, let alone an NLDS. Thanks to Sportress of Blogitude for bringing this to our attention.
Well now the series that seemed inevitably in favor of the Reds is headed for a deciding Game 5, with Matt Cain going against Mat Latos, so anything can happen. What turned this series around, besides this poor, dopey lady’s 17th century broom?
The Mitt Romney sign guy, who started things off in Game 3 by charging the field at Great American Ballpark. The Mormon Deity of Lost Causes, whatever that may be, must have transferred from Mitt himself to inhabit the bodies of the Giants. Of course, even with Cain going on Thursday, San Francisco still trails in the polls in the swing states.
And of course, ESPN once again doubting the Giants, just as they did in 2010. Here are the network’s 2012 MLB preseason predictions, as picked by 29 of their writers:
Of course, they weren’t too hot on the Reds either.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery