Oct 10, 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
It’s Oct. 10 and the Giants are still playing baseball, which means life is good for me. Life is not so good for this Mitt Romney supporter, however, who was tackled by police and taken to baseball jail after running onto the field with a Romney campaign sign at Great American Ballpark Tuesday night.
Figures that a first fully-clothed streaker would be a Romney fan.
Rives Grogan was arrested and charged with trespassing and resisting arrest, according to court documents.
It was Game 3 of the National League Divisional Series between the Giants and Reds, and Cincy starting pitcher Homer Bailey had this to say before the Grogan made his mad dash:
“I will probably be somewhat oblivious to [distractions] … unless there’s a streaker running across.”
Barry Zito goes tonight for the Giants, and we SF fans are hoping for Grogan to get bailed out before the game. Gotta keep the mojo rolling.
UPDATE: According to the Associated Press, Mr. Grogan is a minister at the New Beginnings Christian Fellowship Church in Los Angeles, and has quite a record of public demonstration with anti-abortion and anti-Obama messages. See 10th paragraph in this story.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles