Oct 8, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
The facts are these: 1. Tim Tebow noted on Twitter that tonight is the 666th Monday Night Football game telecast. 2. According to the Book of Revelation (13:17-18), the number 666 is the number of the beast, a hell creature associated with an apocalyptic vision. 3. Tebow has been known to read the Bible from time to time. Here’s the tweet:
What is Romans 8:37-39, you ask?
New International Version (NIV)
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Is Tebow saying that the Houston Texans are minions of Satan (their logo is, after all, a set of horns), and that only a strong belief in God and His wonders can “conquer” the “demons” and save the Jets?
Or perhaps he’s indicating that the 666th MNF telecast will bring the End Times for Mark Sanchez, and Tebow will ascend to starting quarterback to begin the resurrection of the New York franchise.
Or he could be predicting Houston’s total offensive yardage for the game: 666 yards.
Hmm. It makes total sense that the 666th Monday Night Football game would occur in what the Mayans say is Earth’s final year of existence. This game could be like a Dan Brown novel, only bigger, and without so many flying priests.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car