Reunion videos of servicemen surprising their families at sporting events never get old, and never will
Oct 8, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Sergeant First Class Scott Faile has served in Iraq and several other locations overseas, and apparently his family has moved many times over the years in connection with his service. On Saturday at the Georgia-South Carolina game, his wife and two kids were honored at halftime, and got to see a video of Sgt. Faile on the Williams-Brice Stadium Jumbotron, as he remarked on how proud he was of them. He closed by saying that his tour was almost over, and that he’d see them “real, real soon.”
He wasn’t kidding. Just as the video ended, Sgt. Faile emerged from the tunnel and walked onto the field, and the tearful surprise reunion was on.
The officials ruled that on their rush to greet dad, all three family members broke the plane of the end zone. Touchdown.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found