Oct 7, 2012, 8:28 AM EDT
Remember when you were younger and your mother told you not to run with scissors? Well, Virginia Tech wide receiver Dyrell Roberts decided to break that rule when he found a pair of scissors on the field during a game against North Carolina.
The incident happened in the second quarter as the Hokies faced a 1st and 10 at their own 46 yard line. Roberts was motioning during a shotgun play but stops right in his tracks when he sees the pair of scissors.
For a few seconds, Roberts motions at the Virginia Tech side holding the scissors up until the officials stopped play and then ran with them towards the sidelines:
The Hokies would lose to North Carolina by the score of 48-34 but Roberts might have saved someone on the field from getting seriously injured.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'