Oct 5, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
Cool Runnings! Olympic hurdler Lolo Jones cannot wait another four years for a shot at an Olympic medal. And since it has come to her attention that there is another type of Olympics that occurs in the cold, she’s going to give that a try. Yep, Lolo Jones is trying out for the U.S. bobseld team.
That’s her pictured competing in the U.S. women’s bobsled push championships today in Lake Placid, N.Y. Boblsed coach Todd Hays said he invited three members of U.S. women’s Olympic track team, Hyleas Fountain, Tianna Madison and Jones, to compete so they could “share their Olympics experiences with our athletes and to help boost team morale.” Jones finished tied for seventh at 10.11.
Aja Evans was first in the women’s push-athlete competition at 9.65.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found