Oct 5, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Back on Aug. 27, SportsLogosNews.com reported that the Houston Astros would be switching to a retro uniform look for 2013 — their debut season in the American League. The uniform and logo would resemble the look from the 1960s, said the site, with a blue and orange color scheme.
And now we have somewhat of a confirmation of that, thanks to the Astros themselves. The team posted an invitation on its web site to a uniform unveiling event next month, which featured a player in dark silhouette. But SportsLogoNews played around with the image brightness and contrast, and got a fairly clear picture of the new uniform and cap. If the image is accurate, it confirms what the site reported earlier.
All the juicy details here, via The Nosebleeds.
The Astros also plan to unveil their new mascot on Nov. 2 … I can’t wait for that.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found