Oct 4, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
It’s a Finnish top-flight match on Monday between HJK Helsinki and FC Haka, which is tied 1-1. Suddenly two balls are thrown onto the pitch from different points, and Helsinki midfielder Juho Makela boots one of them into the goal for a 2-1 lead. The problem is, though, that some players appear to have stopped when they saw the other ball, waiting for a re-throw. Protestations abound, but the ref is having none of it (replacement ref joke goes here).
Look on the bright side, though: we’ve discovered how to make soccer way more interesting.
The match ended in a 2-2 tie.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery