Oct 4, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
In Oakland they call it Balfour Rage: the wildly convulsive, celebratory writhing that A’s fans have invented to cheer their team to improbable heights. It’s named for excitable Oakland closer Grant Balfour, and this man is showing us a textbook example — or perhaps he’s just possessed by Satan. Either way, it’s mightily entertaining.
And what team’s fans have more of a right to act like zombies on speed? The A’s were pronounced dead on June 30 when they fell 13 games back in the AL West. But they have the best record in baseball since that date, and now are the No. 2 seed in the playoffs.
H/T Sports Grid.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball