Oct 4, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Yes young man, doff your cap. You deserve the applause after this great backhanded catch — over a railing no less — of a foul ball at Marlins Park on Tuesday night. It was mostly a night for Adam Greenberg and resurgence, but Marlins announcers saved some superlatives for this kid, who spent about a half-inning doling out high-fives after his amazing catch in the ninth inning.
Think the Rangers could have used this kid in center the following afternoon.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires