Oct 4, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Yep. The Miracle (Class-A Florida State League), which gave the world Mike Tyson Ear Day and Titanic Anniversary Seat Cushion Giveaway Night, had a Salute to Bacon promotion in August. Festivities included a giveaway of bacon slap bracelets and, my favorite, a pigs-only petting zoo.
This photo, by MiLB blogger Benjamin Hill, is of the baseballs used to throw out the first pitch at the game. Mmmm, Florida League baseball.
From the same blog post: the glory and wonder of the bacon maple donut.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found