Oct 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Well, he did spend 11 years with the Mariners — he’s probably never seen champagne. #Zinger.
The Yankees clinched the AL
West East crown on the final day of the season on Wednesday, touching off the requisite champagne celebration — a concept that has definitely jumped the shark. How about the next time a team wins a title, a nice high tea with scones and muffins? Anyway, here’s Joba Chamberlain dousing Ichiro with carbonated booze. Ahh! It burns!
Speaking of Ichiro, did Yankees’ broadcaster David Cone really call his bat a chopstick the other day? Wow. That’s a big bowl of wrong.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Sharks beat Kings, trim LA's series lead
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Shackleford holds off Animal Kingdom
- Play Video: Lukas: 'I get paid to spoil dreams'