Oct 3, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
If I had my way, off-duty pro wrestlers would patrol all public transit to keep us safe. That day may never come, but at least we have Shawn Daivari (pictured), a former WWE and current live TNA star who was not amused with the antics of a raving lunatic on a train near Minneapolis recently.
The man went berserk and was threatening to kill passengers when Daivari, who left the WWE in 2007, subdued him with a wrestling staple — the rear naked choke hold.
[Daivari] and other passengers had pressed an emergency button to call for help, but nobody came.
“I wasn’t going to wait any longer to see if a cop showed up,” Daivari said.
Witnesses said Daivari squeezed the violent passenger’s neck so hard he peed his pants. Then the wrestler threw the man out at the next stop.
Nice touch. Extra points if Daivari used a catch phrase, such as “This is your stop.”
Metro Transit Rail told TMZ that “Metro Transit police responded after being alerted by the train operator to a fight on board. The investigation is ongoing.”
Well, I’m sure that’s the last we’ll see of … wait! Is that Crazy Berserk Passenger’s intro music I hear?
Note: The photo above is from Mansome, the Morgan Spurlock documentary on metrosexual male grooming.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million