Oct 2, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
Evidently there’s an epidemic of animal abuse in Baltimore, so much so that the mayor’s office formed an anti-animal abuse task force in 2009. Since much of the abuse is being perpetrated by teens, the Show Your Soft Side campaign was created, with local sports figures lending their time and support for a series of ads and billboards to be shown in the Baltimore area.
That’s Orioles catcher Matt Wieters and friend in the photo right, and my favorite is below, featuring Harlem Globetrotter Derick ‘Dizzy’ Grant.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found