Oct 2, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
Whoever named it Hotlanta must have had this in mind. It’s official: the Lingerie Football League is coming to Georgia, as Atlanta becomes the 12th franchise, and fifth since 2009, to be added to the LFL U.S.
And once again, the league is asking fans to name the team. I’m not exactly sure how you would submit a name, but according to the press release, you need to get yours in by Friday, Oct. 19, 2012 for consideration. Here’s the league web site. Do not take Georgia Peaches, which is mine.
The Peaches will play in the Gwinnett Center, with games scheduled for Saturday, April 13, 2013 and Saturday, May 18, 2013. No, it’s not an extensive home schedule.
An open tryout date and location will be announced shortly, says the league. From the press release:
“Atlanta is one of those signature markets that any sports league targets. What primarily drove our decision to come to Atlanta was the incredible interest from the city, host arenas and fans”, said Mitchell S. Mortaza, Founder & Chairman, Lingerie Football League, LLC.
The LFL will position the Atlanta franchise within its Southeastern Division of the Eastern Conference alongside the Jacksonville Breeze and Omaha Heart.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found