Oct 1, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Here Comes Honey Boom Boom. A 27-year-old, 220-pound gym teacher who played college football has recently filed notice to sue the city of New York, after claiming a six-year-old first grader attacked him and caused physical and emotional injuries. PS 330 (Queens) teacher John Webster, who played tailback at Morrisville State, according to the New York Post, says first grader Rodrigo Carpio (4-foot-2, 50 pounds) fractured his ankle, injured his knee and forced him to miss work due to stress.
“[Rodrigo] looks like an angel, but then, all of a sudden, that halo turns into horns. It’s been a nightmare. It’s embarrassing. It’s humiliating.”
But Rodrigo’s dad, Jorge Carpio, 44, scoffed: “The lawsuit is totally absurd. How could my little boy do so much damage? My poor son.”
Webster says he must now wear braces on his right ankle and knee.
Webster was accompanying Rodrigo and other students to the cafeteria for lunch when the boy started horseplaying, the teacher told The Post.
Webster said that he chided Rodrigo, but that the kid started kicking him.
“I tried to hold his wrists, and he began biting me,’’ Webster said. “I took him to the principal’s office, and he kicked me in the ankle, and one kick landed right on my knee. I felt a pop.’’
Webster said his doctor told him that he should stay away from work for several months, according to the Post. But a doctor from the Department of Education told him to go back last month.
“I’m in limbo,’’ Webster said.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars