Sep 30, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Before Super Bowl XLVI, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady took a little bit of heat regarding comments made about the city of Buffalo, New York.
Brady in talking about his father’s support of his NFL career noted that his dad would even take road trips up to Buffalo to watch him play against the Bills. This is where he took a quick jab at the city:
“I don’t know if you guys have ever been to the hotels in Buffalo,” Brady told the media crowd, “but they’re not the nicest places in the world.”
Tom would apologize for the remarks but it appears that the folks over at Buffalo’s Northtown Automotive didn’t forget about those comments as Brady comes back to Buffalo for a week four match-up.
Earlier in the week, they put up this billboard near highway 290 urging local Buffalo hotels to not let Brady have a room:
One of the brain children behind the anti-Brady billboard was Northtown Automotive chief marketing officer Michael Ahern and here is his statement about it:
“We have been fortunate enough to have a long-standing partnership as the dealership group for the Buffalo Bills and we actually do this on our own. What we like to do is find something fun. We know it’s an important time of the year for football season and it doesn’t get any bigger than the New England/Buffalo weekend. Each week we have something that is a fun saying and this one seems to have taken off.” said Ahern.
Billboard tells Buffalo hotels not to give Tom Brady a room [Larry Brown Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball