Sep 28, 2012, 3:06 PM EST
A newfound respect is wafting through the players at Mississippi State for their head coach Dan Mullen, who broke out his big guns at a local Buffalo Wild Wings wing eating competition as he wowed people with a vacuum cleaner like performance of 24 wings in five minutes to take home first place.
I’ve never really respected eating competitions until I tried to consume rate at an intense rate of speed and ended up puking my brains out back in my high school days during a men’s soccer team VS. women’s soccer team wing eating duel which we ended up losing because they took away any result turned in by someone who puked it out later. Shame, shame. So to eat 24 wings in five minutes is a monstrous feat for any mortal man not named Chestnut or Kobayashi. It’s an otherworldly feat, a skill, a superpower. My stomach churns just thinking about all of those wings in such little time.
“It’s not really a Man vs. Food type challenge to where you get to the point of it being painful.”
Not painful TO YOU, coach.
Dan Mullen is a wing-eating machine [Victory Formation]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found