Score one for honesty: German soccer player scores goal with hand, admits mistake, ref disallows goal (video)
Sep 27, 2012, 4:29 PM EST
It happened in Italian Serie A soccer, where German star Miroslav Klose scored off a corner kick in the fourth minute to give SS Lazio a 1-0 lead over Napoli. But wait … seems that Klose actually used his hand to score the goal, which was not noticed by the refs.
So what did Klose do? His mother would be proud … he told an official that he had used his hand to score the goal. And said official then disallowed the goal. Lazio went on to lose the match, 3-0.
Klose, in an act of sportsmanship, signalled that he had handled and the goal was disallowed.
“Klose’s gesture deserves a prize,” [Napoli defender] Paolo Cannavaro told touchline television reporters at halftime.
Golden Tate would have said he was “just competing.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found