Some NFL replacement refs had been fired from the Lingerie Football League, says Lingerie Football League
Sep 25, 2012, 10:14 AM EST
Although it had been rumored that some NFL replacement referees are castoffs from the Lingerie Football League, neither league would go on record to confirm that … until now. Arriving in my inbox at 12:49 a.m. this morning was this email from Lingerie Football League president Mitch Mortaza:
“Because of the LFL’s perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.
We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight’s event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games”
Ignoring some fractured syntax, the message is clear: some of the refs the NFL are currently using were fired by the Lingerie Football League for not being up to snuff. Huh. One would think they’d be accustomed to looking for details more than anyone.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found