Sep 23, 2012, 8:32 AM EST
In a robbery that would make Carmen Sandiego proud, a Turkish soccer fan decided to pull off the ultimate theft by running onto a soccer pitch and stealing a player’s jersey right from him.
It happened during a Turkish Premier League match between Kasimpasa and Gaziantepspor following a goal from Gaziantepspor’s Ekrem Dag. After Dag took off his jersey to celebrate, a teenage fan found his way onto the field and took it right from him.
The fan decided to run to the opposite end of the field and after being spooked by some security guards, he threw jersey into the stands to be retrieved by another fan.
Don’t worry about Dag though, he ultimately got his jersey back minutes later as a man in a blue tie retrieved it for him:
Turkish soccer fan steals jersey [It's Always Sunny in Detroit]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found