Sep 22, 2012, 10:22 AM EST
When not catching touchdown passes, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald decided to take some time out of his busy schedule to help out the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra perform a classic American song.
The Symphony’s opening night was last Thursday and Fitzgerald helped lead the 66 musicians in a rousing rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner.
Many of the concert-goers were decked out in Arizona Cardinals gear and gave Mr. Fitzgerald, a standing ovation after the performance:
Larry Fitzgerald conducts the Phoenix Symphony [ABC 15 Phoenix]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found