Sep 21, 2012, 2:18 PM EDT
You know, when you look at these two photos, I kind of see a slight resemblance. But can Vincent Vega, I mean John Travolta, pull off a portrayal of the NFL’s most storied, iconic coach? Here’s something you may not have known: Travolta’s father was actually coached by Lombardi.
Travolta was speaking at the Zurich Film Festival press conference for Oliver Stone’s film Savages, when he said that he was considering doing John Woo’s The Killer. Then, this:
“I’m also considering doing a US film about the football coach Vince Lombardi, who coached my dad [Salvatore Travolta] before he went professional,” Travolta said. “I would play Vince Lombardi.”
Lombardi played semi-professional football in the 1930s but I’ve read no evidence that he ever coached it. And Travolta’s father never made the pros. But at any rate they must have crossed paths at some point, and now Vinnie Barbarino may play VL in a film. Dan Lauria may be the better choice here.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found