Sep 21, 2012, 1:34 PM EST
What is this, Slap Tiger Woods Day? First Rory McIlroy said he’d love to “kick [Tiger's] a**” at the Ryder Cup, which was probably a joke, since Woods was in the room at the time. But then Greg Norman, in an interview with Fox Sports, said that Tiger knows that his time is coming to an end, and that he thought Tiger was intimidated by McIlroy.
In a Chicago radio interview on Thursday, Charles Barkley said that he wishes Woods wouldn’t be so good natured about all of the trash talk directed his way.
“I would like for him to just blast Greg Norman … That situation gave everybody a chance to dump on you, and [Tiger] still tried to take the high road. I’m not a high road guy. I want him to come out and really blast Greg Norman. I wish he would go ballistic on Greg … I wish I could put some of my blackness in him … like toughness … [I've been] arrested eight times for fighting … just because I’m Charles Barkley, you can’t disrespect me … you just can’t say anything to me anytime you want to …”
So … suddenly Barkley is Dr. Phil now? Look, I’d sooner take investment advice from Bernie Madoff than take advice on how to handle my emotions from Charles Barkley.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found