Sep 20, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
As we wrote on Wednesday, Alex Smith has been warned by the NFL not to wear his customary San Francisco Giants cap for post-game 49ers press conferences. Penalty for the next infraction? He’ll be fined $15,000, payable in one easy installment.
Bochy wore a 49ers hat to his pre-game press conference Thursday, saying it was his way of saying thanks.
“Alex supported us so I’m going to support him,” Bochy said. “They’re a great club and I’m honored to wear it.”
But is Bochy fearful that Bud Selig will slap him with a fine?
“I don’t think (I’ll get fined),” he said. “We’re having fun here. This is our way of saying thanks.”
The hat is a 7 3/4, and Bochy’s notoriously-large noggin takes an 8 1/3. Fortunately, the Giants have a hat-stretcher.
Photo courtesy San Francisco Giants.
Video via Larry Brown Sports.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found