Sep 19, 2012, 6:44 PM EST
Levi’s has found possibly the perfect spokesman in Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. His new commercial debuted on Tuesday on ESPN and ABC, and it’s rare that you see something sports related that’s as informative, inspiring and moving on television, let alone in a commercial.
Wilson was drafted twice in baseball, by the Orioles in 2007 and the Rockies in 2010 — the former on the same day that his father died. Finally settling on an NFL career, he beat out two veterans to earn the Seahawks’ starting job this season.
“The biggest thing in terms of me coming to Seattle and my thoughts was just, be yourself,” Wilson says in the ad. “You have to trust in what you believe, you have to trust in who you are. My dad always told me there’s a king in every crowd, you always want to put your best foot forward, you want to be a role model, you want to help every little kid. The biggest thing is just doing what I do best. And that’s working hard.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found