Sep 18, 2012, 3:41 PM EST
The debris has been cleared, the phone has been repaired and the citizens of Nashville are slowly emerging from their homes after having received the all-clear from civil authorities. Olympic snowboarder Shaun White is apologizing at this hour for his alleged drunken escapades at the Lowes Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville (pictured). White was attending musician Patrick Carney’s wedding, according to the People Magazine.
White posted the following on his Facebook page today:
I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests. I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I’m truly sorry for my poor behavior.
That poor behavior allegedly included:
Police say White pulled a hotel fire alarm, causing evacuations, then attempted to flee the scene while being pursued by a citizen, who had alerted police. The chase ended when White fell backwards and hit his head against a fence, according to police.
He’s also said to have destroyed a hotel phone.
Too bad White didn’t have Mitt Romney’s advisers … right now he’d be at a press conference doubling down. “I may not have executed it as eloquently as I would have liked, but the fact remains that fire alarms are there to be pulled. And that fence post sucker-punched me. It will be hearing from my attorneys”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found