Sep 17, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The honor for luckiest NASCAR fan this year goes to Katie Arnold, who at five pounds also wins the Lightest NASCAR Fan award. That’s because Katie was born in the parking lot of the New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Friday.
Yep. And because she was born in their parking lot and was later rushed to the hospital in a New Hampshire Motor Speedway ambulance, the track has given baby Katie and her folks to free tickets to every one of their races every year for life.
Shawna Arnold’s boyfriend was driving her to the hospital when the baby decided she couldn’t wait. So they pulled over into the parking lot and began to self-deliver. An EMT showed up moments later to take over.
“We had a motorcycle event on track, and typically we would have a couple of ambulances on property to provide safety for the riders and competitors that come here to enjoy the Magic Mile. So it was timed perfectly for them; they knew where to stop,” Tom Blanchette said, operations director for the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
They say that every pit stop is different, and I guess they’re right.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles