Sep 15, 2012, 3:57 PM EDT
To say that Aloha High School senior running back Thomas Tyner had a good game against Lakeridge (OR) High School would be the understatement of the century.
Tyner last night ran for a state record with 643 yards and ten touchdowns in Aloha’s 84-63 win against the Pacers where it appears that defense left the building sometime in the first half.
Here are just some of the interesting facts that surround his record-breaking performance:
-> He demolished the previous Oregon high school yard mark set by Jake LaCoste of West Albany in 2011 with 508 yards
> At halftime, Tyner had 362 yards and five touchdowns
-> Six of his touchdown runs were over forty yards, three of them over sixty yards
-> Coming into the game, Tyner had 584 yards and seven touchdowns. After it, he had 1,228 yards and seventeen touchdowns
-> In high school sports history, it is the third largest rushing day ever (The largest being 754 yards by Netcong High School’s (NJ) John Giannantonio in 1950)
-> It was Tyner’s 18th birthday
In case you’re wondering, who is the lucky school that gets Tyner’s services next season? The University of Oregon.
Thomas Tyner breaks lose again [Max Preps]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1