Sep 8, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Today, tennis star Andy Murray punched his ticket to the U.S. Open Championship Finals on Monday with a victory over Tomas Berdych in four sets.
After the win, Murray was doing the usual post match press conference when two legendary Scottish-born individuals decided to interrupt it and introduce themselves to the five-time Grand Slam singles finalist.
Legendary actor Sean Connery and Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson decided to crash the interview and provided us with this memorable exchange that included Murray’s mother and some wine:
“Excuse me for interrupting,” Connery, the Oscar-winning actor, said right after the Scottish tennis star answered a question about getting a day of rest before the final.
He then introduced Murray to Ferguson, the Manchester United manager. Murray and his mother, Judy, posed for pictures with the two. “You smell of wine,” Murray told his mother.
“He made me have wine,” she said of Ferguson. “He’s just been telling me that Scotland invented the world.”
It looks like some of that Connery magic rubbed off on Sir Alex.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness