Sep 6, 2012, 10:07 AM EDT
It never ceases to amaze me how adults seem to have all sense of honor and decency escape from their bodies when a Major League baseball comes in their direction. Silly adults, baseballs are for kids.
When a Marlins player tosses a ball into the stands, it was obviously meant for one of the two kids standing in the area. But a rude adult boxes out a little girl and grabs the prize, leaving the kid very sad.
But it all has a happy ending. The girl, Emily Martin, eventually got two baseballs from Marlins staff. Plus she got interviewed on television.
OK kid, quit milking it.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Highlights: Rask shuts out Blackhawks, 2-0
- Play Video: Does 'Hard Knocks' make sense for Bengals?
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: The Hype: Beckham to the NFL?