Dallas pizzeria raises price for a slice of pizza to $863 for Giants, Redskins fans (that’s a 24,671 percent hike)
Sep 6, 2012, 2:45 PM EST
Yes, that does seem extreme.
I’ve tasted Extreme Pizza, and it’s very good — but I’m not sure it’s 800-dollar good. That’s what the owner of one Dallas Extreme Pizza franchise has listed the price of a jumbo slice of cheese pizza with soft drink for anyone admitting they are a fan of the Washington Redskins or New York Giants. Price for the same thing for Cowboys’ fans? $3.99.
That’s a price hike of 24,671 percent, according to the Huffington Post.
All in good fun and not at all serious? Probably. But well played by Extreme Pizza. get a little free publicity, and take a shot at your two biggest rivals, all with one little paper sign. Efficient.
Next step: adopt Kramer’s “Cook your own slice” idea, in which customers roll their own dough, pick their own toppings and slide their pizza into the oven — which are also great for drying your pants, I’m told.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found