Aug 29, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Morning Mail for Wednesday … Weather Channel meteorologist Jim Cantore is awesome because a). his nickname is “King of Thundersnow”; b.) his popular Fall Foliage Forecast; c.) he actually Tebowed during a live report on Hurricane Isaac.
The answer of course is “all of the above,” and here’s partial proof just below. I’m not sure that this is the first Tebowing done during a hurricane, but it’s the first on live TV.
Also, this happened:
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while determining that the Swedish Chef from the Muppets is really Norwegian …
- Ohio State will no longer ban reporters from tweeting during press conferences.
- USC billboard in UCLA territory suddenly vanishes.
Meanwhile, in Houston …
The circus was in town.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car