Aug 28, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
Earlier today we brought you news of Takeru Kobayashi’s record-breaking hot dog eating performance at the New York State Fair … 110 dogs in 10 minutes. This broke Joey Chestnut’s mark of 68 wieners, set at the Famous Nathan’s Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest this year. And it didn’t sit well with Chestnut, who claimed on Twitter that Kobyashi’s feat is unofficial, and furthermore he ate “crap dogs.”
It all unfolded on Twitter on Monday, as the president of the Hofman Sausage company, Frank Zaccanelli, got into a heated exchange with Chestnut on Twitter. Hofman hosted the Kobayashi event, and in fact Kobayashi is an investment partner in the company.
It’s weenie war!
Of course this could all be a staged argument for publicity-grabbing purposes … who knows? Hey, it worked for Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found