Aug 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Morning Mail: Want eight tickets to see a 50-year-old pitch for the Sugar Land Skeeters on Saturday? That will be $1,600, please. That’s what a set of ducats are going for on eBay right now for Roger Clemens’ independent Atlantic League debut against the Bridgeport Bluefish.
The Skeeters front office reports that the game is sold out. Earlier this morning Darren Rovell reported that standing room tickets at Constellation Field, usually sold for $9 a pop, were available for $75 to $100 on StubHub.
Some other things you should know about the Skeeters:
The outfield open seating berm area is called Grass Land. Dude.
Why Sugar Land? The region (near Houston) has a large sugar cane industry.
Sugar Land manager: Gary Gaetti.
Bridgeport Bluefish manager: Willie Upshaw.
Friday is Elvis-themed fireworks night and Sunday is the Human Fireball.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi is four years younger than Clemens.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while being arrested for paying with legal tender $2 bills …
- Headline of the day so far: Lab tech found drunk, partially clothed, surrounded by monkeys.
- Praying Mantis delays Mets-Nationals game. We welcome our new insect overlords.
- In 1889, the Chicago White Sox threw baseballs at The Sphinx in Egypt in an attempt to give it a ‘black eye.’
Meanwhile, in Durango, Colo., …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found