The Twitter reaction to those new college-themed Pop Tarts is comedy gold

Aug 20, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT

flauncpoptarts

If there’s one thing college kids are an expert on, it’s delicious Pop Tarts. And now thanks to a special deal with Kellogg’s, there are college-themed Pop Tarts for five different schools — Michigan, Florida, Arkansas, North Carolina and Georgia.

Why only five? No idea. But Kellogg’s had to know that once Twitter got a hold of this news, shenanigans and tomfoolery would ensue. It didn’t take people long to make a mockery of the entire concept.

Mark Ennis ‏@Mengus22:
You’ll be thrown out of the house if you eat BYU Pop Tarts before marriage.

@Mengus22:
A meme is born RT @CecilHurt: Just tried the North Carolina logo Pop Tart in a taste test. I gave it a C-minus but someone changed it to an A.

@DanWolkenUSAT:
East Carolina’s Pop Tarts keep applying to be Toaster Strudels.

Fake Dan Beebe ‏@DanBeebe
Aggie Pop-Tarts almost get done cooking, then they fold and burst into flames in the toaster.

1. t16rich - Aug 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Who still eats this crap? If I am going to eat awful boxed breakfast, I will have a toaster strudel. At least they don’t taste like that crappy last piece of bread covered in crusty gross icing.

• skids003 - Aug 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hey man, I survived college on these things. Don’t knock it till that’s all you got.

• t16rich - Aug 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I have been on my own with lack of food for 5 years strong now. I will stick with my $5 dollar bags of potatoes, bread and peanut butter or eggs. All cheap and way better.

• Rick Chandler - Aug 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I don’t like to hear that (I mean the lack of food part). Hope you’re OK.

• t16rich - Aug 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Hahaha thanks. Not a lack of I guess. But I certainly don’t have a lot to waste at the grocery store. I will take a dozen eggs before a box of pop tarts every time. Pop tarts aint nothing to F with I see. People not liking my hate towards them at all. Truth is a tough thing to accept….. Pop tarts suck. Anyone with a real taste bud in their mouth knows that.

• Rick Chandler - Aug 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

• t16rich - Aug 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Hahahaha. Yup. That’s the difference. I have to cook and clean. Good stuff.