Aug 20, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
If there’s one thing college kids are an expert on, it’s delicious Pop Tarts. And now thanks to a special deal with Kellogg’s, there are college-themed Pop Tarts for five different schools — Michigan, Florida, Arkansas, North Carolina and Georgia.
Why only five? No idea. But Kellogg’s had to know that once Twitter got a hold of this news, shenanigans and tomfoolery would ensue. It didn’t take people long to make a mockery of the entire concept.
Mark Ennis @Mengus22:
You’ll be thrown out of the house if you eat BYU Pop Tarts before marriage.
A meme is born RT @CecilHurt: Just tried the North Carolina logo Pop Tart in a taste test. I gave it a C-minus but someone changed it to an A.
East Carolina’s Pop Tarts keep applying to be Toaster Strudels.
Fake Dan Beebe @DanBeebe
Aggie Pop-Tarts almost get done cooking, then they fold and burst into flames in the toaster.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: The Office's Baumgartner shows off his golf game
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview