Aug 20, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
It’s When Links Collide for Monday: Among the records I likely will not break is the 100-mile swim from Cuba to the Florida Keys. Diana Nyad, 62, is in the water right now with her third attempt to to make the crossing. If successful, she will be the first to do so without a shark cage. Although the cage might have come in handy while she’s tweeting.
If you know me, then you know that any activity that includes the words “one hundred-mile swim” and “shark cage” will not have me as a participant.
And let’s not forget the jellyfish.
Unfortunately, there was another obstacle despite sharks, jellyfish and fatigue for Nyad on Sunday. She ran into an unexpected storm that’s forced her to change her course to avoid it.
☛ A glass eye with a KC Chiefs logo in it? OK. [The Last Angry Fan]
☛ Retired Bobby Cox ejected from Atlanta Cracker Barrel for record 27th time. [The Onion]
☛ Japan and Chinese Taipei played a corker in the Little League World Series. [Sports Grid]
☛ The high school team for which Brett Favre is offensive coordinator scored 64 points in its opener on Friday. [Prep Rally]
☛ Is Felixing the new Tebowing? [With Leather]
☛ Peter King hates Deadspin. [Twitter]
☛ Caption contest! (photo above). Good luck, we’re all counting on you. [SportsbyBrooks]
Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com. Twitter: @Rickchand.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found