Aug 17, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Morning Mail for Friday: Muhammad Rahim is an Afghan who was a translator for Osama bin Laden, and is being detained at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, pending trial. In a short letter to his lawyer, Carlos Warner, Rahim discussed a pressing issue that has obviously been bothering him. Abuse by guards? Bad food? Nope. Shared by Warner with the Washington Post, the recently declassified letter read:
“Dear Mr. Warner! Lebron James is very bad man. He should apologize to the city of Cleveland.”
In another letter, Rahim complains that another detainee, alleged al-Qaeda member Majid Khan, had been given a kitten. We’ve come a long way from the days of water boarding.
H/T Bruce Arthur.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed during a night of drinking responsibly …
- Headline of the day so far: Norwegian driver hits bear after trying to avoid moose.
- Tom Brady wears spiked dog collar for magazine spread.
Meanwhile, at auditions for The Expendables 3 …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings