Aug 17, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
Meet Jenn Baluch of Chandler, Ariz. I’m not too proud of my name being associated with this, so be aware my relatives had nothing to do with naming the town. Anyway, here’s the first line of Jenn’s new Facebook page:
IF YOU ARE GOING TO HATE THEN LEAVE … I love Tim Tebow and would like a date with him for my birthday! help me out! lets see if this actually can work!
Yep, Jenn has started a social media campaign to get a date with Tebow for her 20th birthday. At first this may seem like a desperate attention grab that has no chance of working, but … um, well, I got nothin’. That’s pretty much what it is, in my opinion.
As her Facebook profile reveals, there has been some backlash over this plan. Especially since she says her inspiration for the idea came from a kid with leukemia who got a date with Taylor Swift. To which Busted Coverage responds: “…because you know, battling leukemia and turning 20 is the same thing.”
Here’s Jenn taking her case to 96.9 radio in Phoenix.
And here she is on the local news.
Jenn, may I suggest setting your sights a little closer to home? How about John Skelton? Like Tebow, he’s a backup NFL QB, only he’s right in your backyard with the Arizona Cardinals. He’s also got good morals, and look at that dreamy mustache. Glad I could help.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT