Ryan Lochte on The Bachelor? Michael Phelps on The Haney Project? Swimmers set to take over reality TV
Aug 14, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
The Olympic athlete media blitz is upon us. Today I saw Misty May-Treanor on The Price Is Right, helping Drew Carey give away a Mustang convertible. And now comes news that both Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte are in talks to appear on reality shows. Is this a good thing?
Phelps, who recently announced his retirement from swimming, will be featured in 2013 on The Haney Project, reports Golf Talk Central. Phelps:
“As I enter this next chapter of my life, I think I will be able to shift my competitiveness to anything I put my mind to and golf is one of the things I want to focus on.”
It may be the first time a Haney student has played a ball from inside a water hazard. Anyway, I guess that James Cameron will have to wait a bit if he wants to use him in an Aquaman movie.
Meanwhile, the Hollywood Reporter says that Lochte is fielding three reality show offers. No one officially knows what they are, but THR writes:
Lochte also told reporters in London that he would be open to appearing on Dancing With the Stars, even suggesting that he and U.S. swimming teammate Michael Phelps square off on the ABC competition. And in a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest, Lochte said that he plans to move to Los Angeles after the Olympics.
Lochte may have let the cat out of the bag during the Olympics when he said he was “definitely looking towards ‘Dancing With the Stars’ and ‘The Bachelor’.”
What, you were expecting Storage Wars?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found